Last week Mitch and I flew to Phoenix and then drove to Silver City, New Mexico for Grandpa Vernon's funeral (Kefelen got to visit Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Jim for a few days). As you probably read in the obit I posted on the blog last week, Mitch's grandparents retired to Silver City in the 1970's, bought a few acres and built their dream home in the foothills of the Gila Mountains. The following pictures were taken in the backyard of this home (now owned and occupied by Mitch's cousin Vicki and her boyfriend Tim). I'm jealous.
Flowering cacti:


This may look simply like a beautiful tree under a flawless sky, but if you look closely you will see cousin Vicki's chihuahua mix catching some shade beneath the branches. By the way, his name is YoQuiero, as in Yo Quiero Taco Bell.

The Three Sisters peaks can be seen from behind the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment