Memorial Day weekend was Kefelen's first camping voyage, and our first camping trip in our new-to-us camper. Although Mitch is still mourning the fact that we sold our van (and it's my opinion that he visibily teared up when one drove by) we all agree that the camper is great. We were joined by Beth, Brad and Tesfanesh, who turned out to be great camping buddies. The weekend went fairly smoothly except for two things: 1) Kefelen fell out of his bed onto the cold camper floor at about 3 am. Mitch and I awoke to a large thump followed by a wailing cry. Needless to say, Mitch slept in K's bed with him the rest of the night to corral him in. 2) Kefelen was running with his hands in his pockets when he tripped over a tree root and landed square on his face. The resulting bloody nose and semi-black eye caused a bit of drama, but was quickly forgotten. He's a tough little dude. I think I would have cried for longer if I would have face-planted the way he did.
Here are some pics of our adventure.



No comments:
Post a Comment