Monday, January 14, 2008

From Cheery to Teary

The day started good. We woke up, had our morning caffeine and watched the news. Mitch got ready and took off to Iowa and I cranked the Led Zepplin and started cleaning the house (it's my day off). Then I decided to take a break and check my email...ugh. It seems the good 'ol goverment of the US of A is experiencing quite the backlog and immigration approval is taking much longer than initially noted, which means our little K-man nugget may be waiting longer than we anticipated. I guess this is the stuff they try to prepare you for in all the classes you take during the adoption process. They say things are uncertain...but I always assumed the uncertainty would occur in the developing country not in the supposed "leader of the free world." I've learned throughout the past several months that the adoption processes is not for the faint of heart and the ambiguity they all tell you about is very real. So are the tears...unfortunately.

But....our court date is approaching and even if he's 12 when he finally comes home (which of course I know will not happen) we will love him anyway. He is our son...and even though he is not with us...he is with friends, he is being fed, he is learning amharic and some english, and he is being taken care of.

Now if someone would just take care of Mitch and I and make all this icky immigration crap go away.

No comments: